This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. and Georgia-Pacific LLC. All opinions are my own. #DrinkMakeWishBake #CollectiveBias
Triple Berry Pie with 7UP Pie Crust
The holidays are just around the corner and there are so many occasions to celebrate, and not just the big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, there will be neighborhood parties and office shindigs all season long. With so many opportunities to celebrate with family and friends you need a go-to dessert for every gathering. Today I’m going to show you how to make a delicious pie made with blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, and a special ingredient in the crust, 7UP®!
I headed to my local Target store to pick up my 7UP, baking supplies, Dixie Ultra® Holiday Plates, and Vanity Fair® Everyday Napkins to serve this tasty pie on. Make sure you check out these Cartwheel offers to save on the 7UP.
o 25% OFF 7UP® Mini Cans and 20oz Bottles November 15-26, 2016
o 10% OFF A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more November 15-26, 2016
o 10% OFF Mini Cans of 7UP®, A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more November 27 – December 24, 2016
o 20% OFF Mini Cans of 7UP®, A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more December 25, 2106 – January 1, 2017
Don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card:
- 1lb of lard
- 5 ½ cups of flour
- 12 oz. of 7UP
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Cut up lard with a pastry cutter. Cut in the remaining ingredients. Mix well and divide the dough into two pieces, then let chill in the fridge for an hour.
- 5 cups of berries. I used a triple berry mix of raspberry, blueberry and blackberry.
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Roll out your pie crusts and place one on the bottom of your pie pan.
- Spoon the filling into the pie pan
- Roll out the other crust and cut into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Weave the top crust pieces together like lattice.
- If you have any left-over dough you can cut it into the shape of leaves and use a knife to make the veins in the leaves.
- Place pie in the oven on the bottom rack for 60 minutes. Let cool for several hours before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and your favorite beverage. Serves 10.
What occasion this holiday season would you serve this pie for? Let me know in the comments and make sure you head to your local Target to stock up on baking supplies as well as 7UP, Vanity Fair Napkins and Dixie Holiday Plates.