Learn how to make paper plate awards. These superlative awards are fun to give out to your students, co-workers or members of any club. The materials for paper crafts are cheap and easy to come by, all you need are plates and construction paper! Make end of year celebrations fun with awards for dance, volleyball, cheer, choir or soccer.
Paper Plate Awards for Kids
The end of the school year is getting close and our family is preparing for a busy summer. One thing I remember from my school year days was the end of the year award ceremonies.
Teachers gave out fancy medals to select students who were exceptionally smart. I usually got the “Outstanding Work Habit” certificate award. I loved elementary school and although I was a good student I much preferred art over math.
Fast forward to high school and I can’t say I loved any of it! I thought it was boring and I was lazy so I definitely didn’t receive any Outstanding Work Habit awards in high school. I barely made it through, but I did graduate despite my stubbornness and the fact that I practically stopped attending most of my classes during senior year.
My daughter, Chloe is just finishing up kindergarten. She loves school and especially loves art and science. She reminds me a lot of myself at that age. This year she received the “Respectful Listener” award from her teacher. Each student in the class got a fun award and the kids felt so special getting recognition for good behavior.
Paper plate awards are great because they are cheap and easy to make. You can use up all your extra craft supplies to decorate them and you can get the whole class or organization involved in making them.
You can assign each student an award to make and then the teacher or the students will vote on the winner.
It doesn’t have to just be for school either. You can do them for Girl and Boy Scout troops, 4 H club or any other team or club.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome.
Paper Plate Award Supplies
Paper plate award instructions
- Cut a circle out of colored paper that will fill the inside of the paper plate. I traced a small bowl to get the right size.
- Cut another piece of colored paper slightly larger and glue the two together.
- Use scissors to cut into the edge of the paper plate about every two inches.
- Glue the circles into the center of the plate and write the award details on the construction paper.
- Cut to pieces approximately 8 inches long by two inches wide and cut a notch in the end to make it the “ribbon”
- Decorate the paper plate awards with markers, stickers or glitter.
More paper kids crafts:
- Unicorn Valentine Box out of Paper Plates
- Botanical Suncatcher Craft
- Paper Bag Gift Wrap
- Christmas paper garland
- paper plates
- construction paper
- craft supplies of your choice to decorate
- bowl or circular object for tracing
- Cut out construction paper in a circle and glue it to another piece of construction paper that is slightly larger.
- Cut the edge of the paper plate every two inches all along the perimeter.
- Glue the paper to the center of the plate.
- Write your message on the construction paper.
- Cut out two pieces of construction paper approx. 8 inches by 2 inches.
- cut a notch in the end of the strips.
- Decorate and embellish the plate if you wish.