DIY Time Capsule
Happy New Year!
There's something about the beginning of a new year and a chance to have a fresh start that always feels inspiring to me.
2020 in particular is one that we all want to get as far away from as possible and not look back for obvious reasons.
If you are a long time reader of this blog or my friend in real life you will know there are a few things that I am continually obsessed with. Gnomes (obviously), skeleton keys, rocks and crystals, things that are miniature and of course messages in bottles. I make little message in a bottle necklaces and jewelry and I have made them into tiny valentines and even little vases!
Today's craft uses the message in a bottle concept to hold a time capsule that you can look back in a year (or 5 or 10) and remember all the crazy memories from 2020.
Supplies for DIY time capsule
- Bottle (I like these ones)
- Anything else you want to tuck inside the bottle
Here are the three free printables
Use the form below to get all three pages instantly. FYI this will add you to my email list but you can unsubscribe anytime.
- Begin by printing off the 3 page time capsule guide and filling it out.
- Roll it up and tie it with a string or ribbon.
- Next, toss it into the bottle and add some feathers or other items like beads, glitter or other special notes or keepsakes into the bottle.
- Finish up by sealing up the bottle. You can display it proudly on your shelf or make a fun game out of burying it in the back yard until next year.
Save the capsule as a keep sake from this crazy year and when you're feeling bored open it up and remember all the crazy times we had this year!
Oh i love this idea so much! I think this would be a great thingg to sit down with my 9yeaR old to do so he can see the change a year can make! <3
THIS IS SUPER CUTE. SUCH A NICE IDEA & THE perfect prompt for reminiscing. happy new year to you.
Emmi Scott says
I love this idea, both for kids and adults.The year moves so quickly, and it will be fun to look back at this on December 31. Thanks for sharing!