If winter boredom is starting to set in, this pool noodle marshmallow launcher may be just the solution. Kids will love crafting their own pool noodle marshmallow catapult just like the one you see here, perfect for shooting marshmallows all over the house (and into their mouths). You only need a few supplies, so take a look below at how you can get busy crafting your own.
How to Make a Marshmallow Launcher out of a Pool Noodle
We had a bit of bad weather hit out area a few weeks ago. We rarely get snow around these parts but when we do the entire county shuts down for about a week. The schools were closed and I don't like to drive in the snow since I was in a car accident a few year ago. That meant I was stuck in the house for a week with my six year old daughter, Chloe.
Staying home all day doesn't really work well for either of us. Surprisingly, kids eventually do get tired of screen time. We exhausted all our options for things to keep us entertained. We tie dyed towels, made paper plate crafts and even did some online learning classes through Outschool.
Towards the end of the week we actually started to run out of food! Luckily I could get out of the house to do some grocery shopping before we had to resort to cooking questionable things from the back of the freezer.
Today's craft is a fun marshmallow launcher made out of a pool noodle, a balloon, some tape and a few marshmallows. You can also use little pom poms if you don't have any mini marshmallows in the pantry.
Kids will love to make this craft. It's a great way to get them shooting at something besides a computer screen.
Check out the video of me and Chloe making a marshmallow launcher:
Supplies for a Marshmallow Launcher
How to Make a Marshmallow Launcher
- Begin by cutting the top half of the balloon off. Discard as you won’t be needing it.
- Cut the pool noodle into a 3 inch segment. A serrated knife is perfect for this.
- Stretch the balloon over the pool noodle. Secure it in place with tape.
- Tie the end of the balloon into a knot, just as you would if you had blown it up.
- Insert the marshmallows into the hole of the pool noodle.
- Your marshmallow launcher is now ready to be used. Just drop the marshmallows in, pull back the balloon end, and release. The force should send the marshmallows flying!
- See how fun making your own marshmallow launcher can be? Try making one for yourself!
Try to catch and toss a large marshmallow for as long as you can before it touches the ground. Make sure to have extra marshmallows on hand in case anyone gets hungry.