Make this DIY Halloween wreath this autumn with inexpensive supplies from the craft store or dollar store. White fabric and cheese cloth is wrapped around a straw wreath base and covered with rubber spiders. This spider-mummy wreath is fun and creepy DIY Halloween wreath that will look perfect on your porch.
It feels like there has been Halloween decorations and costumes for sale in stores since the middle of the summer. That’s probably because there has been Halloween for sale since the middle of the summer.
Heck, there is already Christmas trees and decorations for sale at the craft store! I’ve been working on some Halloween projects over the past few weeks but decided to wait until October before posting anything because really, who starts decorating and thinking about Halloween until October anyways? If you do then you really must like Halloween!
This wreath is pretty simple to make and you only need a few supplies. Total cost about $10 depending on where you get your materials and what you have on hand.
Supplies for DIY Halloween Wreath
- Wreath base
- White fabric. Just rip up an old white tee shirt or pillowcase
- Cheese cloth.
- Fake spiders in a few different sizes
- Hot glue
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome
Instructions for DIY Halloween Wreath
- Start by tearing up your white fabric into pieces about 2-3 inches wide. Don’t worry about cutting them nicely, just tear it. The white fabric will be under the cheese cloth and you won’t really see it. Wrap the fabric around the wreath base and secure with pins or hot glue.
- Next tear up the cheese cloth into strips about 3-4 inches wide and wrap it around the wreath over the white fabric. Don’t worry about making it look neat and tidy. It should be a little messy.Once the cheese cloth is secured with either pins or glue pull on it a little to loosen it up.
- Then decide on the placement of your spiders and hot glue them into place.
- Finally, hang your wreath with an extra piece of cheese cloth or ribbon and you’re done!
- quarter yard of white fabric
- half yard of cheese cloth
- straw wreath base
- hot glue
- rubber spiders
- glue gun
- tear or cut the white fabric into strips and wrap it around the straw wreath base. Hot glue into place.
- repeat with cheesecloth or cotton gauze fabric.
- Glue on rubber spiders
- Hang wreath.
Where will you hang your DIY Halloween wreath?