These Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Snacks are a fun treat for the whole family. Inspired by the new Aladdin movie coming out this summer, these magic carpets are made from graham crackers, fruit roll ups, cream cheese and fresh fruit. Bring your kids in the kitchen with you to make these magic carpet treats and get them excited about cooking.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock you have probably heard about the new live action Aladdin movie coming out in May.
Folks have been very opinionated about the upcoming movie. I think it looks great but many, many people are upset with Will Smith being cast as Genie.
I totally understand the feeling that classics should not be messed with but I really enjoyed the live action Beauty and the Beast that came out a few years ago and I generally like Will Smith. Lets be real, there is no one they could have cast as Genie that wouldn’t have caused a huge uproar. Robin Williams set the bar so high that those genie shoes are impossible to fill.
Today we are getting into the Arabian nights spirit by cooking up some magic carpet snacks inspired by the new Aladdin movie. These snacks are perfect for after school and your kids will love to help you make them.
Ingredients for Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Snacks
- Graham crackers
- Cream cheese
- Purple food coloring
- Fruit roll up
You may also like: Main Street Mickey Pumpkin
Tips for Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Snacks
This recipe uses cream cheese with a few drop of purple food coloring to make the base of the carpet. If you don’t like cream cheese you can use icing or another topping of your choice.
Feel free to mix up the fruits and let the kids have fun decorating their magic carpet the way they want to.
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese or Frosting
- Fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- Fruit Roll Up
- Purple Food Coloring
- If using cream cheese, soften at room temperature or in the microwave. Add in a few drops of purple food coloring, and beat until smooth. Do the same if using frosting.
- Cover as many graham crackers as you’d like with a thick layer of cream cheese or frosting, keeping it as smooth as possible.
- Slice several different fruits, and blot off excess juice with a paper towel.
- Arrange in the graham crackers in different patterns to represent Aladdin’s magic carpet.
- Enjoy immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 283mg Carbohydrates: 83g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 56g Protein: 5g
Will you be checking out the new Aladdin movie? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!