Learn how to make DIY linen spray with fragrance oils. This simple tutorial with make your sheets smell incredible. Get a good nights sleep with chamomile and lavender essential oils spritzed on your pillows and blankets.
Looking for a better night sleep? A lot of things can affect you well you rest but one thing that is often over looked is your sense of smell. Have you ever tried to fall asleep when there is a funky smell in the bedroom? It could be a pet, spouse or just that your sheets aren’t as fresh as you’re used to.
Even if everything is fresh and clean and no one had beans for dinner, it’s worth putting some thought into the scent situation in your bedroom. Aromatherapy can have a powerful affect on your mood and well-being.
This DIY linen spray recipe is the perfect addition to your nighttime ritual. Spritz a little on your sheets and crawl into bed with a good book to relax before you fall asleep.
DIY linen spray recipe
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Supplies for DIY linen spray
- 10 drops lavender essential oil- I like this one
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil
- 2 oz distilled water
- Glass spray bottle
- Add all in ingredients to a spouted measuring cup. Stir.
- Gently pour into the bottle, or use a small funnel if you have one.
- Screw lid onto bottle and shake well.
- To use, spray the mist onto your pillows and bedding at night.
If you aren’t a fan of chamomile or lavender, not to worry, there are many different essential oil combinations you can blend for your own custom scents.
Best essential oil blends for sleep:
- 3 drops of lavender, 3 drops of cedar wood.
- 3 drops of bergamot, 3 drops of lavender.
- 3 drops of lavender, 3 drops of sweet orange oil.
- 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of vetiver, 2 drops of marjoram.
- 3 drops of bergamot, 3 drops of chamomile, 2 drops of frankincense.
- 3 drops of patchouli, 3 drops of frankincense, 2 drops of sweet orange oil.
More tips for getting a better night sleep
Personally, I have to sleep in a room that is pitch black. The smallest amount of light will wake me up and make it almost impossible to fall back asleep. I have thick curtains in my bedroom and also use an eye mask to block any light.
Ear plugs are also necessary for me since I tend to wake up with even the softest sound of my cat walking down the hallway.
Lastly, I try to avoid drinking anything several hours before I fall asleep. I have the worlds smallest bladder and even a glass of warm tea will wake me up in the middle of the night!
What is your favorite sleepy time essential oil blend? Do you have any tips are tricks for getting a good night sleep? Let me know in the comments!