Learn how to make a toilet paper spider craft this Halloween. This fun project is perfect for little ones. Plus, it’s always handy to have an extra roll of toilet paper hanging around! Read on for instructions for this spooky decoration.
Kids Halloween Toilet Paper Spider Craft
This quick Halloween craft is perfect for kids. You’ve probably seen the little pumpkins made out of toilet paper and orange fabric. But what about a spooky spider? Display these fun Halloween decorations in your bathroom or where ever you want to add a little creepiness to your home.
- Makes: 1 Spider
- Time: About 8 Minutes
- Skill: Easy
- 8 Black pipe cleaners
- 17×17 piece of black fabric or napkin (This fabric is great)
- 2 small googly eyes
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Roll of toilet paper
How to make spiders out of toilet paper rolls:
- Lay fabric flat and place roll of toilet paper in the center.
- Start tucking the fabric into the center of the roll of toilet paper. As you go try to make small pleats so that it is not all bunched in one area.
- Gather the pipe cleaners and make sure all the ends are the same length. When you have them all together, twist them together about an inch and a half from the end.
- Take that twisted end push it down into the toilet paper tube. Space them so you have four pipe cleaners to each side.
- Just at the outer edge of the toilet paper roll, bind each of the pipe cleaners to start forming the legs. You may have to bind/move them around a little to get them spaced just right.
- At the bottom of each pipe cleaner give it about a half-inch bend to make a foot.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the eyes in place in the upper center of the front of the roll. You want the legs to be to each side.
Display your spider any where you want to add a little creepiness to your home. Happy Halloween!