Make tattoo Easter eggs by applying temporary tattoos to dyed eggs. This is a fun activity for the whole family and kids will love this unique egg decorating technique. Dye the eggs first or apply the tattoo to plain eggs, either way you'll have loads of fun decorating eggs this Easter.
Tattoo Easter Eggs
I was trying to think up some new egg decorating techniques that haven't been done yet but I'm pretty sure when it comes to Easter egg dyeing and decorating there are no new ideas. Today I'm going to share a fun technique using temporary tattoos to decorate eggs. I'm sure if I looked hard enough on the internet I would find that someone else has tried this idea before but it's new to me and I think you might like it too.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Plant based egg dye kit
- Temporary tattoos meant for skin- I like this pack
You may also like: Easter Bunny Sewing Tutorial
- Begin by dyeing your eggs with a simple dye kit. You can draw on the eggs with crayon first to decorate them a little more if you like.
- After the eggs are dyed and dry, apply a temporary tattoo just like you would if you were putting it on your skin.
- Press the tattoo face down on the egg and apply a wet paper towel on top. The moisture will make the tattoo transfer onto the egg shell.
- Set aside the egg to dry.
You may also like: Curious Bunny Place Cards
I purchased my tattoos from Amazon. I chose a collection of metallic designs and simply cut out the shapes that I wanted to decorate me eggs with.
You may also like: Easter Bunny's Magic Eggs
It can be a little difficult transferring the tattoo onto the egg because the surface is so curved and may not be perfectly smooth. Most of my egg designs turned out quite nice in spite of this.
What fun ways are you decorating your Easter eggs this year? Will you try tattoo Easter eggs? Share your ideas with me in the comments!
Rebecca Thomas says
Beautiful! Great idea! 🙂
Thank you so much!