Learn how to paint a fairy house on a garden rock. This adorable fairy house will look great in your garden propped up next to a tree trunk. Add a touch of whimsy to your outdoor space with this fun painted rock craft.
How to paint a fairy house on a rock
My daughter is 7 years old and obsessed with all things magical and fairy-like. She loves to make crafts and create little fairy houses in our front-yard garden.
This painted rock craft is so easy to do and kids of all ages will have fun making them. I’m not sure what it is about painting rocks but it seems to be a universal craft that all kids love to do. Plus it’s pretty much free- all you need is rocks from the garden and a little acrylic paint!
Learn the steps to make these fun fairy houses below and then get started transforming your garden into a fairy’s paradise.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome
Supplies for fairy house rock:
Steps to paint mushroom fairy house:
- Find a rock from the garden and wash it with soap and water. Let it dry.
- Paint a white mushroom shape on a rock. Let it dry.
- Paint the top part red, leaving several white spots.
- Paint a blue door on the base.
- Add grass and flowers if you like.
- Paint a yellow window on the top.
- Outline and add details with permanent markers.
- Optional (spray with clear acrylic sealer when it’s all dry and let the sealer dry)
- Display in your garden.
These fairy houses make a great addition to your garden or you can even bring a few to your local kid’s playground and place them among the trees to make it a more magical place for the kiddos.
More crafts you may like: