Your eyebrows frame your face and can drastically impact your overall appearance. That's why you must choose an eyebrow shape that suits your face shape.
But how do you find the right eyebrow shape when you have a long face?
A long face is beautiful and unique and can be complemented with a couple of eyebrow shapes. Check out this step-by-step guide for having an eyebrow shape for a long face at home.
Whether you're looking to experiment with different eyebrow shapes or want to find the perfect brow look for you, read on to discover our expert tips.
Tip 1: Understanding the Long Face Shape
A long face shape is typically characterized by its length and narrowness. People with long faces often have a high forehead, prominent cheekbones, and a pointed chin.
The ideal brow shape for a long face is one that creates the illusion of a shorter face by making the face appear wider. A horizontal brow shape can help to balance out the length of a long face and draw attention to the center of the face rather than the length.
When shaping your eyebrows for a long face, avoid creating an overly arched brow, as this can further elongate the face. Instead, go for a straighter, more horizontal brow shape to help balance out your features and complement your face shape.
Tip 2: Ideal Eyebrow Shapes for a Long Face
There are two ideal eyebrow shapes that work best for a long face: the straight arch and the soft arch.
The straight arch is a brow shape with minimal arching and a horizontal emphasis. This type of brow shape can help shorten the face and balance its length. Straight arch eyebrows have a horizontal line that extends straight across the brow bone, which helps to create the illusion of a wider face.
On the other hand, the soft arch has a slight arch that begins above the iris and ends at the outer corner of the eye. The curve of the arch is gentle and subtle and helps to balance out the length of a long face. This brow shape can soften a long face and create a more feminine look.
When deciding between these two ideal eyebrow shapes for a long face, consider your personal style and preferences. If you prefer a more natural, low-maintenance look, a straight arch might be the best fit for you. However, a soft arch might be the way to go if you're looking for a more defined, polished look.
Tip 3: Shaping the Eyebrows for a Long Face
Once you've decided on the ideal eyebrow shape for your long face, it's time to start shaping your brows.
To achieve the straight arch eyebrow shape, you'll need to tweeze the hair underneath the brow bone. This will help to create a horizontal line that extends straight across the brow. Next, remove stray hairs from the top of the brow, being careful not to over-tweeze and create a harsh, unnatural look. Remember to step back and assess your progress frequently to ensure both brows are even.
To achieve the soft arch eyebrow shape, tweeze the hair underneath the brow bone. Then, use a brow pencil or brush to mark the three points that define the arch: the inner corner of the eye, the highest point of the arch (above the iris), and the outer corner of the eye. Use a spoolie brush to blend the markings and create a natural-looking curve. Step back and assess your progress frequently to ensure that both brows are symmetrical.
Tip 4: General Eyebrow Shaping Tips
While the right eyebrow shape can enhance your long face, keeping your eyebrows well-maintained regularly is essential. Here are some general eyebrow-shaping tips that apply to all face shapes:
- Choose the right tools: A high-quality pair of tweezers, scissors, and spoolie brush are essential for achieving the perfect brow shape. Invest in good quality tools that are sharp and easy to handle.
- Work in natural light: Always shape your eyebrows in a well-lit area, preferably in natural light. This will help you see the hairs more clearly and ensure you don't over-tweeze.
- Follow your natural brow shape: Over-tweezing or trying to create a shape that's too different from your natural shape can result in an unnatural and unflattering look.
- Trim carefully: If you have long brow hairs, trim them carefully with scissors to ensure they blend in with the rest of your brow. Maintain regularly: To keep your brows looking their best, maintain them regularly by tweezing hairs that grow outside your desired shape. It's recommended to tweeze every few days to keep your brows neat.
- Choose colors wisely: Use a brow pencil or powder that matches your natural hair color when filling in sparse areas.