This mushroom craft is fun for kids of all ages. Use recycled plastic containers and toilet paper rolls to make an adorable gnome toadstool. Paint it with your favorite colors and add them to your fairy garden or use them for creative play. Teach kids about recycling and nature with this fun spring craft.
Y’all know I love a good craft project created with recycled items. Toilet paper rolls are such an easy and convenient crafting material for so many kids projects. My daughter and her friends like playing with them too and we obviously always have a few on hand which makes this craft really cheap and easy. Get ready for spring with this cute mushroom craft.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome
Supplies for Toilet Paper Roll Mushroom Craft
- 2 empty fruit cup or yogurt cups, washed & dried
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- White & assorted colored acrylic craft paint
- Paint brush
- Small circle shaped paint sponge – These ones work well
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Green craft foam- This mega pack is great value
- Paint both toilet paper rolls and the outside of one of the fruit cups with an even layer of white paint, let dry
- Paint the other fruit cup any color you choose, let dry.
- Use the paint sponge to press colored paint circles on the white fruit cup and white paint circles on the colored fruit cup, let dry.
- Run a line of hot glue around the top of the toilet paper roll and place the fruit cup upside down over the roll, hold in place for about 10 seconds.
- Cut a 2 inch strip of craft foam and cut slits on one side to make a “grass” fringe. Glue to the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
- Your mushroom is now complete!
- Plastic fruit cups
- Toilet paper rolls
- White and pink acrylic paint
- Green foam
- Hot glue
- Paint brush
- Circular foam sponge
- Glue gun
- Wash and dry the fruit cup.
- Paint with acrylic color of your choice for the base.
- Once dry use the circle sponge to make dots on the cup with a contrasting color.
- Cut a fringe onto the foam.
- Glue the foam onto the bottom of the toilet paper.
- Glue the cup onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
Let paint dry completely between steps.