Learn how to clean your phone with these household supplies that will disinfect and sanitize your smartphone without ruining it. Use common household supplies like disinfectant wipes, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar to clean your phone and keep yourself healthy.
How to clean your phone with household items
I hate to break it to you, but your phone is filthy. Your smartphone is one of the dirtiest things you come into contact with daily-and you put it right up to your face!
Think of all the surfaces that you rest your phone on like counter tops, tables and random public places (and lets not mention all the people who use their phone while they use the bathroom!)
Cell phones can harbor harmful bacterial like E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus, among other icky germs. And those germs can live on hard surfaces like your phone for up to 9 days.
What’s the point in constantly washing your hands and practicing good hygiene habits if your phone is filthy?
Check out this video and learn how to clean your cell phone
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome
Here are some common household items you can clean your phone with
- Rubbing alcohol- use 60% alcohol or higher
- Disinfectant wipes- Lysol and Clorox both work but read the label on the packing
- Grain alcohol- Everclear that is 60% or higher will work
- Hydrogen peroxide- Use the 3% that you can buy at the drugstore
- Vinegar- mix 50:50 with water.
- Alternatively you can use a UV cell phone sanitizer (this thing is crazy. Check it out)