Learn how to clean your phone with these household supplies that will disinfect and sanitize your smartphone without ruining it. Use common household supplies like disinfectant wipes, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar to clean your phone and keep yourself healthy.
How to clean your phone with household items
I hate to break it to you, but your phone is filthy. Your smartphone is one of the dirtiest things you come into contact with daily-and you put it right up to your face!
Think of all the surfaces that you rest your phone on like counter tops, tables and random public places (and lets not mention all the people who use their phone while they use the bathroom!)
Cell phones can harbor harmful bacterial like E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus, among other icky germs. And those germs can live on hard surfaces like your phone for up to 9 days.
What's the point in constantly washing your hands and practicing good hygiene habits if your phone is filthy?
Check out this video and learn how to clean your cell phone
Here are some common household items you can clean your phone with
- Rubbing alcohol- use 60% alcohol or higher
- Disinfectant wipes- Lysol and Clorox both work but read the label on the packing
- Grain alcohol- Everclear that is 60% or higher will work
- Hydrogen peroxide- Use the 3% that you can buy at the drugstore
- Vinegar- mix 50:50 with water.
- Alternatively you can use a UV cell phone sanitizer (this thing is crazy. Check it out)
Supplies you need to disinfect your smartphone
- Microfiber or soft cloth
- Measuring cup
Steps for cleaning your sanitizing your iPhone or Android
- Remove the case.
- Power the phone off.
- Use a microfiber cloth to brush off any excess debris.
- Choose the cleaning solution of your choice.
- Dip the microfiber cloth in the cleaning solution and rub it on the phone. If using wipes simply wipe the phone with the wipe. Do not spray any cleaner directly onto the phone.
- Use a Q-tip dipped in the solution to clean in the nooks and crannies. Squeeze excess liquid first.
- Allow phone to air dry.
- Wipe again with the microfiber cloth.
How to clean your phone case
- Remove the phone case.
- Fill a bowl with 4 cups of water and ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of bleach.
- Place the phone case in the bleach water.
- Wait 12 minutes.
- Rinse the phone off with water and dish soap.
- Let dry completely.
- Place back onto the phone.
How often to clean your phone
You don't need to stress out too much about cleaning your phone but giving it a wipe down every couple of days is a good idea. During cold and flu season it would be wise to clean it more often and if there is a worldwide pandemic going around it wouldn't hurt to clean it every day.
More cleaning posts you may like:
- How to make homemade hand sanitizer
- How to clean a bathtub
- DIY Bleach cleaning solution
- Unpaper towels- How to make reuseable paper towels
When was the last time you cleaned your phone? Let me know in the comments!
Iclean ot daily