Easter or any other spring time event is the perfect time to try a carrot mimosa. This new take on a classic cocktail is the perfect addition to any brunch, lunch or gathering.
Fresh carrot and orange juices are combined with Prosecco (or other sparkling white wine) and a splash of triple sec for an easy yet delicious cocktail that everyone will love. Perfect for special occasions or a relaxing afternoon, this carrot mimosa is sure to be a hit. So go ahead, mix it up and enjoy!
- ½ cup freshly squeezed carrot juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup Prosecco (or other sparkling white wine)
- 2 tablespoons triple Triple Sec
You could juice fresh carrots in a juicer but I found Bolthouse brand carrot juice at the grocery store and it was much easier. I had never tried carrot juice before and it is surprisingly tasty. It has a bit of an earthy taste. I like to mix the carrot juice with orange juice to make it a little sweeter and more citrusy.
- In a large pitcher, combine the carrot and orange juices.
- Slowly pour in the Prosecco, stirring gently until blended.
- Add the triple sec and stir to combine.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes, then fill each glass half way with the mimosa mixture and top with a bit more Prosecco or sparkling white wine.
- Garnish with carrot greens, parsley or other herbs if desired.
It tastes pretty similar to a regular mimosa except the carrot adds a little bit of an earthy taste.
If you don’t have Prosecco on hand you can use other sparkling white white or champagne. Triple sec can be substituted for Grand Marnier.
Use sparkling apple juice instead of Prosecco and skip the Triple Sec altogether.