Halloween is nearly here and it's time to get ready for my favorite holiday. If I’m being honest, I have been in Halloween mode since July but now that we are getting close to October 31st it’s time to get serious. I’m preparing to host a Halloween party and decided to head over to Creative Fabrica for everything I need to plan the perfect spooky shindig. This tutorial is sponsored by Creative Fabrica. All opinions are mine alone.
Creative Fabrica is a digital platform for DIY crafters, listing over 12 million designs, fonts, SVG files, and more for a variety of DIY crafting projects including Cricut crafts, papercrafting, scrapbooking, die cutting, even needle crafting and so much more. In this blog I’ll teach you how to make these awesome Halloween themed party decorations for FREE with Creative Fabrica.
Many of the crafts for my party setup were created using my All Access Subscription on Creative Fabrica. With the All Access Subscription you can download files to your heart’s content with unlimited access to over 12 million digital assets and design resources.
Check out the video below to watch the tutorial or keep reading to learn more.
Intricate Halloween 3D SVGs & Spooktacular DIY Decorations with Creative Fabrica
When you head over to Creative Fabrica you’ll find everything you need to plan the perfect party such as SVG crafts, party sets, graphics, fonts, needlework patterns and more. The list is never ending!
I decided to play around with 3D SVG layered paper crafts. I’ve always wanted to make one of these but thought they looked too complicated. That couldn’t be further from the truth and I'll show you why as I talk you through the process!
How to Make a Layered Paper Art Craft
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- Cardstock in an array of colors
- Cutting machine such as a Cricut, Silhouette or Glowforge
- Glue stick
- Choose the file you want from Creative Fabrica's extensive library. For this project, I selected the Halloween Cat in the Window 3D SVG. Unzip the file, and you will have access to all the different files included in this download: SVG, PDF, EPS, PNG, and DXF. You will then also be able to view all the different layers of the project, available in each file format. Which file format you need depends on which crafting machine or technique you are using to make the project.
2. I used my Glowforge laser printer with the SVG format. You can use a Cricut, Silhouette or any kind of cutting machine. If you don’t have any of these machines, you can print the designs and cut them out with scissors or a craft knife.
3. Once you have the layers in different colors, you can start stacking them one on top of the other, gluing them together as you go.
4. Secure all layers with glue or a small amount of tape.
5. Hang or display the 3D paper craft wherever you want to add a touch of spookiness to your home. To take my Halloween party to the next level, I decided to make another 3D layered paper craft that looked like a haunted house.
I was able to make so many other elements on my party table using Creative Fabrica’s All Access Subscription including the purple bats, the food label cards, the green ghost graphic, the Trick or Treat sign, as well as the lollipop bat party favors. You can access all of these in the links below!
Creative Fabrica Resources Used for the Party Tablescape
- Black Cat 3D Layered Paper SVG
- Haunted House 3D Layered Paper SVG
- Bat Silhouettes
- Witches Brew Graphic
- Ghost Silhouette SVG
- Some Witch Font
For those of you who do not have Creative Fabrica's All Access Subscription, Hometalk has got a great deal for you where you can try it out for FREE with the All Access Trial. The free trial gives you instant access to Creative Fabrica’s library of over 12 million fonts, graphics, crafts and more - commercial license included. Sign up for free using this link and download 10 designs and fonts of your choice for free! The trial will renew at a discounted price of $9/ month ($29/ month originally) one month after your trial starts or upon using your 10th download credit. What will you create with your All Access Subscription? Let me know in the comments what your favorite Halloween projects are on Creative Fabrica.