Make a paper wreath out of recycled brown paper bags and a straw wreath base. Add some faux flowers and you have yourself a chic rustic wreath. Save your brown paper bags from the grocery store and use flowers from the dollar store to make this chic farmhouse accessory.
How to Make a Paper Wreath
I made this quick and easy paper wreath in just over an hour. It’s hanging in my kitchen right now and is the perfect accessory to my little brick wall. I think it adds a nice rustic charm to my farmhouse kitchen.
Supplies for Paper Wreath
- Brown paper shopping bags
- Straw wreath base
- Fake flowers
- Straight sewing pins
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Crafty Little Gnome
Instructions for Paper Wreath
- Tear paper bags into 1 inch strips. I used about 3 full bags for this project.
- Wrap the base in the paper strips and glue or pin into place. Cover the entire wreath base with the brown paper.
- Tear more pieces of brown bags and crumple them into little balls.
- Smooth out the balls so that they are long wrinkled strips.
- Twist each strip and wrap it around the wreath pinning it in place with the straight pins.
- Continue all the way around the wreath until the whole thing is covered in twisted paper.
- Pull the flowers off of the stems of the fake flower bunches.
- Pin the flowers to the wreath with more straight pins. Use hot glue if you feel it’s not secure enough.
What do you think of my recycled bag wreath? Let me know in the comments!