Birthdays, baby showers, and any time of the year that you'd like to express gratitude to a loved one are just a few of the occasions where paper flowers are ideal.
They can be used as decorations for your home, worn in your hair, pinned to your clothes, or given as a gift.
Additionally, you do not need to make an entire bouquet; just one flower with a card attached is lovely and can add the finished look you're going for.
You don't have to be concerned about the expense or your level of expertise because they are simple and inexpensive to build.
Once you master this ability, you will always be able to spend less on tiny, heartfelt gifts.
In this article, we will show you how you can make some beautiful DIY paper flowers in the comfort of your own home.
So, let’s get into it.
How to Make DIY Paper Flowers
Below, we have listed 3 different ways that you can make paper flowers.
They are all so simple to recreate, so be sure to take note of each batch of instructions, so you can create them in your own spare time.
How To Make Simple Paper Flowers
- First things first, you will want to find some paper to use. You can use some plain paper and color it in with paints, or you can use colored card stock.
- You can make these flowers in three different sizes: 1" flowers, 2" flowers, and 3". All you have to do is stack up squares that have been trimmed to these dimensions, in both length and breadth. Cut out as many as you want; you can make a bouquet out of several or simply one.
- In order to cut them all at once, stack a number of identical squares in your hand and fold them all in half. Next, cut the outer flap that opens using scissors. The papers should have an arch shape when you open them back up.
- To form the papers into a more flower-like shape, roll the cards up. They will be increasingly curled and resemble real petals the more intensely you roll.
- For the following step, a hot glue gun is required. Apply hot glue in the corners of each individual paper, and roll it back up into a compact bud form for the very center of each unique flower. The petals of the flower will start to spread out from a more contained center.
- The petals should be layered and openly adhered to one another for the next part. Place hot glue in the corners of another square, and put the petal on the bud while holding it with your other hand.
- Once you’ve added enough layers, you should have a finished paper flower. You can continue adding to your heart’s content, creating smaller or larger flowers.
How To Make Paper Roses
- Start by cutting some squares out of colored paper of your choice. They need to be a couple of inches long.
- Use a pencil to sketch out a spiral onto each paper square, and then, using scissors, cut the shape out. You should end up with a bunch of spiral shapes.
- Using the same pencil, take each paper spiral and wrap it around the pencil itself. This will create a firm coil, so the paper rolls inwards. Be sure to hold the spiral in place, not allowing it to unravel.
- Using a hot glue gun, add some glue to the bottom of each spiral, and hold it in shape as it dries. When it’s dried, it should open up in a rose shape.
- Once you have all the roses, arrange them into a bouquet.
How To Make Paper Carnations
- For this method, you will need several pieces of tissue paper. Gather all your pieces, and put them to the side.
- Using a pair of scissors, cut out wide strips of tissue paper. The size of your strips will depend on the height of your desired carnations.
- Next, cut small, horizontal incisions into the side of the tissue paper strips. The further the incisions are apart, the larger the petals will be.
- Grab some floral wire, and bend the bottom bit slightly, before wrapping this piece with a little bit of masking tape. Ideally, the masking tape should be a similar color to the tissue paper, so use some paint or a pen to color it in.
- Grab each tissue paper strip, and begin rolling it around the wire, making sure the masking taped part is poking out the same way as the horizontal incisions. Roll until all the tissue paper has been wrapped around the wire.
- Finally, grab some more masking tape, and secure the tissue paper onto the wire. The ‘petals’ should then fall into place, leaving you with a perfectly formed paper carnation.
So, there you have it. Those are 3 simple ways to make some stunning DIY flowers out of paper, all different designs.
If you want to get a little more creative, you could experiment with different colored papers, as well as using paints, glitter, stickers, and other craft items to spice the flowers up.
You could even create a bouquet of different colored flowers of different designs.
Say goodbye to spending lots of money on small gifts, and think about creating a thoughtful, personalized gift for your loved ones from now-on-out.
We hope you found this article helpful.