This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SipsofSummer #CollectiveBias
DIY Gold Tile Coasters
I like to enjoy the finer things in life like a nice glass of wine, delicious food and spending time with friends. I’ve been brewing up lots of delicious drinks this summer but sometimes it’s nice to keep it simple by pouring yourself a glass of wine and taking a few moments by yourself to savor it.
I recently picked up a couple of bottles of Clos du Bois Wine on a shopping trip. The bottles have new elegant packaging but the same great taste. I purchased a bottle of Clos du Bois Chardonnay and a bottle of Clos du Bois Pinot Grigio.
In the summer I generally prefer to drink white wine over red. At the end of a long, hot day a glass of chilled white wine sipped while relaxing in the backyard is perfection.
Today I am going to show you how to make DIY gold tile coasters. This is an easy and fun project that can be completed in one day. These coasters are perfect for your next dinner party and if you decorate each coaster with a different pattern they can be used in lieu of wine glass charms to help your guests identify which wine glass is theirs.
- Begin by cleaning the tiles to make sure there is no dust, dirt or residue on them.
- Once fully dry apply the painters tape to each tile in the pattern of your choice.
- Press down and smooth the tape to make sure that there is a good seal and the paint won’t bleed through the edges.
- Spray the gold paint onto the tiles. Spray two thin coats, allowing the paint to dry between coats.
- Once fully dry, remove the tape and spray on the clear coat sealer.
- Let the coasters dry for 24 hours before use.
What’s your favorite type of wine? Let me know in the comments and make sure you pick up a bottle of Clos du Bois in the new packaging for your next summer celebration.