In a Brazilian wax, pubic hair is groomed and removed from the front of the pubic bone, around the external genitals, between the upper thighs, and around the anus. Unlike a Hollywood wax, a Brazilian strips you of all your hair on the whole intimate area.
People often mix the two when talking about Brazilian and Hollywood wax. When you’re at the salon ready to get rid of the hair, you might ask the technician for the wrong procedure.
First things first, how you might want to treat pubic hair down there is your personal choice. But waxing your private parts isn't exactly a topic that gets discussed at dinner parties.
In this blog, we'll get into the nitty gritty of how Brazilian and Hollywood Wax differ regarding their procedure, how much area they cover, and the aftercare.
What’s A Brazilian Wax?
A Brazilian Wax is sometimes referred to as “the landing strip” because a small strip of hair is usually left on the labia majora (outer lips of your vaginal opening).
What’s the shape of the hair strip left after a Brazilian Wax?
The shape of the hair strip is primarily rectangular. Still, some prefer a triangle, or it can even be oval. Your preferences usually guide the strip shape. Don't be afraid to ask for the form you want.
How To Prepare For A Brazilian Wax?
● Shower before your appointment or use wet wipes in case you don’t
● Hair should be about ¼ inches ( 10 to 15 days of hair growth)
● If you happen to be on your period, kindly reschedule your appointment
Does Brazilian wax include the lips?
A Brazilian wax includes the strands of hair along the vaginal lips. You may choose to leave a strip of the hair intact or go completely bare when you do the Brazilian wax.
The Benefits Of A Hollywood Wax
Some advantages of Brazilian Waxing include the following:
● Hollywood wax will do a cleaner job than using a shaver
● Hollywood-style waxing ensures not a single strand of hair is left to keep your skin smooth
● Hollywood wax will reach places where you usually can't use a razor
Aftercare For Brazilian And Hollywood Wax
Here are some ways you can care for your skin after you've had a Brazilian or Hollywood wax done:
- Avoid wearing tight bottoms or underwear
- Take it easy for the rest of the day; avoid exercise or anything that makes you sweaty
- Use gentle and clinically recommended exfoliates to stop ingrown hair from growing in between treatments
- If the soreness or itching is severe, visit a doctor
How Long Does A Brazilian Or Hollywood Wax Last?
A Brazilian or Hollywood Wax can last around 4-6 weeks, but if someone has speedy hair growth, they might need to undergo a treatment every three weeks. After each session, the hair growth will slow down progressively.
The only difference between a Brazilian wax and a Hollywood wax is that the Brazilian procedure leaves you with a strip of hair if you prefer it that way, unlike a Hollywood wax which doesn't leave a single strand of hair on your private areas.