If you're anything like me, Your morning coffee isn't just a tasty treat to start the morning. It's a necessity. An addiction. It's a "don't talk to me or expect me to function on any rational level until I've downed a cup" kind of crutch. With all that coffee consumed comes the grounds to go with it. Don't let those grounds go to waste, here's a list of 10 things to do with the left overs.
1. Compost! I put my grounds in my worm composter. If you use paper filters you should compost those too.
2. Help eliminate odors. Put small dish of grounds anywhere that stinks to help absorb the stench.
3. Body scrub. Grounds make a great exfoliant, take some into the shower and scrub the dead skin cells away. They're great to use on cellulite or even as a face scrub for silky skin.
4. Add shine to your hair. Since you are in the shower scubbing away rinse some through your hair to enhance the shine. This works especially well on brown hair
5. Deter ants. Sprinkle around the perimeter of the house.
6. Sprinkle in the garden to prevent stray cats from using it as a litter box.
7. Deodorize your sink. Pour boiling water and grounds down the drain to help keep things fresh
8. Scrub your hands with grounds after chopping onions or other pungent vegetables to get rid of the smell
9. Make a second cup of coffee. It won't be as strong, but you can still make another cup!
10. Use as a safe and natual abrasive for cleaning. Works great for greasy pots and pans.