|Rob and I at our Canadian Wedding|
I blame it on the dogs. They love the taste of bacon grease and when Rob leaves any of his old grease within dog-tongue reach you know they will do whatever it takes to get their paws on the goods. The grease tray from the George Foreman Grill has been the dog’s challenge lately and occasionally we have found it in the backyard with bite marks on it. Last Thursday Rob found it in the back yard in several pieces. Never one to waste Rob decided to clean and sterilize the tray and glue it back together.
The thing about Gorilla Glue is that it does exactly what it says it does. It’s incredibly strong and 100% waterproof . Which is great for sticking things together. Not so great when those things happen to be your upper and lower eyelids. As he was struggling to squeeze out the glue (which was clogged in the nozzle) it suddenly exploded and squirted directly into his eye. Not only does this happen to burn like hell it will also immediately fuse your eye shut. Now if you read the back of the glue bottle it says if the glue should come into contact with your eye you should seek immediate medical attention. Or, if you are Rob just stumble over to the computer and google “How to unglue my eye” or something along those lines. Well the options for un-sticking skin according to google are limited to A) Wait 4 days or B) Rinse the area with acetone (yikes!) Impatience combined with lack of health insurance lead to option B. This may not be the best example of Rob’s super intelligence but I assure you it does exist.
|Bad lighting, the bathroom isn't really this yellow|
I peered at his bizarrely damaged eye.
“So, What did you get up to today, Honey?”
Written and published online for the world to see without permission by the wife who owns the camera.
Happy anniversary Rob!